Con Ed Fixes 110 Voltage Errors After Woman's Electrocution

Consolidated Edison said yesterday that it had corrected 110 cases of stray voltage and inspected about half the manhole and service box covers in New York City, following a woman's electrocution last month. The company, meanwhile, came under increased pressure to change its policies. City Council Speaker Gifford Miller joined labor leaders, community advocates and other council members in calling on Con Ed to overhaul its inspection, repair and maintenance policies. The woman, Jodie S. Lane, 30, died after stepping on an electrified metal plate while walking her dogs in the East Village on Jan. 16.

By IAN URBINA and SABRINA TAVERNISE

>>Full Article